Congregation Beth Shalom's Shabbat & Yom HaAtzmaut Service on Friday, May 4th at 6:30 pm. will include our Friday Night Live Musicians. A special photo documentary, Faces of Israel, presented by Ira Lebowitz will be featured in the Oneg. Ira will present slides from his 2011 trip to Israel.
Everyone is welcome to attend!
To contact someone at CBS with questions or comments, and to JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST, please click here: Email CBS
Monday, April 16, 2012
The Jewish Federation of Sioux City and the Betty Strong Encounter Center will present the third Annual Sioux City Jewish Film Festival on April 29 and May 3. Admission to both films is free and open to the public.
"Jewish Soldiers in Blue & Gray" will be shown at 2 pm on Sunday, April 29th At the Encounter Center (Missouri Riverfront exit 149 off I-29). The film explores the hisotry of the Civil War Jews who fought on both sides of the battlefield.
"Saviors in the Night" will be shown at 7 pm on Thursday, May 3rd at Congregation Beth Shalom. The film tells the story of courageous farmers who hid the Spiegel family during the Holocaust.
Lisa and Julian Leopold cordially invite you to a Shabbat Service as their daughter Sophie becomes a Bat Mitzvah. Friday night services at the special time of 7:30 will be followed by a Oneg. Saturday morning services at 9:30 am will be followed by a Kiddush lunch.
Monday, April 02, 2012
The 7th Annual Tolerance Week, sponsored by the Gerald L. & Kathleen A. Weiner Foundation, will be held during the week of April 16-20, 2012. Activities will include:
- Monday, April 16 - 6:00 pm: An evening of poetry and music with a tolerance theme will be hosted by the Sioux City Conservatory of Music, 1300 Pierce St.
- Tuesday, April 17 - 7:30 pm: Nicky's Family, an award winning documentary will be shown at the Orpheum Theater. Dave Lux, a member of Nicky's family who appears in the film, will speak after the film. Lux will also speak at a preview event at WIT at 11:00 am.
- Wednesday, April 18 - 7:00 pm: In the Shadow of the Acropolis, a documentary of the history of the Holocaust in Greece, will be shown in the UPS Auditorium, Morningside College.
- Thursday, April 19 - 4:00 pm: The Art, Poetry & Music of Terezin, a presentation by Nan Wilson will be held in the Stark Student Center, Briar Cliff College.
- Friday, April 20 - 6:30 pm: Congregation Beth Shalom will observe Shabbat & Yom HaShoah. Services will include special readings by Morningside College Students
All events are free and open to the public.